UTS is currently hiring 2nd shift dispatchers for our main office in West Chester, OH.
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution.
- Maintains radio contact with all drivers to relay relevant information regarding route changes, road conditions, or other pertinent info.
- Utilizes UTS software and GPS technology to notify drivers of route changes and instructions in a timely manner.
- Communicates wait times to the drivers for clients that are not available at the designated pick-up time.
- Contacts clients to inform them that driver is waiting for pick-up.
- Receives and reconciles logs, manifests, and daily trip inspections.
- Dispatches “will call” services in an expedient and concise manner.
- Assigns substitute drivers as needed to mitigate transportation delays.
- Reroutes and reschedules any additional trips as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure.
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence.
- Ability to problem solve.
- $13.00 / hour
- Full Health, Vision and Dental Insurance available
- Paid Vacation time for full time employees
- Plenty of Overtime Opportunities